We can pack your home for you. If so, jump to Step 9.
In case you choose to pack yourself, you may find it a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. By following these simple tips, you can pack like a pro and ensure that your belongings arrive at your new home safely and in good condition.
- Start planning early. The more time you have to pack, the less stressed you’ll be. Start by decluttering your home and getting rid of anything you don’t need or use anymore. This will make packing and moving go much faster and easier.
- Gather your packing supplies. You’ll need sturdy moving boxes, packing paper, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, and packing tape. You may also want to purchase some plastic wrap and stretch wrap to protect your furniture.
- Pack room by room. This will help you stay organized and make unpacking easier. Start with the rooms you use least often, such as the guest bedroom or basement.
- Pack heavy items in small boxes. This will make the boxes easier to lift and carry. Be sure to pack heavier items on the bottom of boxes and lighter items on top.
- Pack fragile items carefully. Wrap fragile items in bubble wrap or packing peanuts and pack them in sturdy boxes. You may also want to pack fragile items in individual boxes so that they have more padding.
- Label all boxes clearly. Be sure to label each box with the room it belongs in and a brief description of the contents. This will make unpacking much easier.
- Pack an essentials box. Pack a box with all of the essentials you’ll need for the first few days in your new home, such as toiletries, clothes, medications, and important documents.
- Unpack the essentials box first. This will help you get settled in your new home quickly and easily.
- Let us pack for you! We offer professional packing services to make your move even easier. Our experienced packers will use the latest packing techniques and materials to ensure that your belongings arrive at your new home safely and in good condition.
By following these tips, you can pack your home like a pro and ensure a stress-free move.